1. Do not skip meals: Your body needs proper nutrition to fuel your days, skipping meals will slow down your metabolism and deplete your energy. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day since your body has gone 10 to 12 hours without Fuel. Feed your body not starve it.
2. Hydrate with water: Your body is made up mostly of water and drinking consistent amounts each day will help balance dehydration and help to flush toxins out of the body and keep you feeling full longer. Eat your calories do not drink them. A gallon a day is the magic number.
3. Get moving: A body is made to move not be stationary. Adding 30 minutes of exercise 4 to 5 times a week will get you moving in the right direction. It does not matter if you exercise in the morning, during the day or at night. Its also fine to start if you need to break up your exercise with 10 minute intervals throughout the day.
4. Get your sleep: Eight hours is the recommended number each night for proper sleep. This step is just as important as eating healthy and exercising. When properly rested your body will function at a higher energy level, your metabolism will be burning faster and your cravings for comfort food will diminish.
5. Eat protein at each meal: Protein will keep you full longer and takes longer for your body to digest. Protein also helps repair and build muscle. Recommended serving for women is 3 to 4 ounces and 6 to 8 for men. Make sure the proteins are lean.