· 2 TBSP Blackened spice mix
· 4 fish fillets (any white fish like cod, mahi mahi, halibut)
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 12 corn tortillas , warm
· 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo (store-bought or simple recipe in notes)
· Fresh lime juice
· Tomato , chopped
· Red cabbage , thinly sliced
· 1 Bag Coleslaw mix
· Cilantro , roughly chopped
· Lime wedges for garnish
1. Lay the fish fillets on a clean work surface and sprinkle the spice mix evenly over each filet, rubbing it on all sides.
2. In a non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add 2 of the fish fillets and cook, undisturbed, about 4 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook for another 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 2 filets. Set aside.
3. Make chipotle mayo using the recipe in notes. If using store-bought chipotle mayo, mix two tablespoons of the chipotle mayo with 1 tablespoon of lime juice to slightly thin it out, mix in red cabbage and coleslaw mix into the bowl and toss till lightly coated.
4. Using a fork, shred the fish fillets. Divide into 12 corn tortillas, top with red cabbage and coleslaw mix, tomato, cilantro, and chipotle mayo. Serve and enjoy